Saturday, September 23, 2006

Greetings from Los Angeles! I took my first ever road trip down to my dad's hometown this past weekend. Here's a picture of me at a landmark in L.A., Bob's Big Boy. I guess soon, I'll be Dex Big Boy.



On a more joyous note, it was the first time that I had met my dad's father, Carlos. Carlos is my grandfather and in Tagalog grandfather translates to "Lolo". I thought I caught my dad tear up at the sight of me being held by my Lolo, it really was a very cool moment since I officially gave Carlos the title of Lolo.



Here's a shot of my Lola, Lolo and me.



Another first; I got to meet my uncle Victor (my dad's brother). Here he is giving me a little hold early in the morning before he went to work. He's so thoughtful, he went and bought me some handmade wooden cars for me to play with. He told me that he's gonna give me one of his 1960's powder blue Mustangs! All right, I can't wait to get it! Wait a minute...what's a Mustang?



Great group shot here. My Lola is holding Randall and I'm being held by Randall's mom, Ginny. Ginny being my dad's cousin. Randall's only a couple of months old, but he's got a lot more hair than me. *Sigh*



Lola holding me and having a good laugh.



Tita Nini (my Lola's sister) enjoying my cuteness. I love how she loves me.



Here's a group shot of my uncle Victor, Tita Nini and my mom. So many people want to take pictures with me and my mom! It's like I'm a celebrity and the paparazzi are chasing me down.



This is a candid shot of my Lolo and my Lola holding me. This last picture really made my dad proud. He says that he is glad that his dad finally got to meet me and to hold me...he even hugged me for a looooonnng time when I first showed up at their house! And now I can finally say that I have now met all of my grandmas, grandpas, aunties, uncles...maybe one of these days I'll meet every single-dingle cousin too!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My dear Dexter,

Thank you very much for coming to visit us this weekend. It felt so good to be able to hold you again. That was a very big difference holding you when you were two weeks old and holding you now. I can tell how much weight you've gained. Of course it was very nice seeing your Mom and Dad, too.
We all look forward to seeing you again.

Love and lots of kisses,
Tita Nini

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!! That is cool you finally met everyone, family is wonderful. You are getting so big and I can't wait to hold you. Hopefully that is only a couple months away!!

We miss you, your mom & dad tons! Take care and keep on growin'.

Love Aunt Katie

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home