Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday, Dexter! I had the privilege of being the first to see Dexter when he woke up this morning. It was just like old times that I opened the door and sang, "Happy birthday to you". Back when he was a wee little man, I would wake up with him and sing, "Good morning to you" (sung to the tune of Happy Birthday). When he was little he loved it. Suzie and I were looking at pictures from when he was born all the way to today and it made us a little sad that he's grown up so much in 3 years. But we're happy to be Dexter's parents and watch him grow everyday. He's such a beautiful little boy.

That said, business had to be taken care of this morning. And for Dexter, business meant birthday presents. So in no particular order, here's Dexter opening up a present from Grandpa John (Suzie's dad in Colorado). A brand new scooter!



He loves it and is really good at riding it (wearing his helmet...safety first, everyone!). I guess he loves it so much, he didn't even realize he was missing one boot. Oh well, he can pick it up on the way back. And let's not forget, these boots were made for scootin'. Am I right or am I right?



Another view of Dexter trying to understand the magnitude of owning his very own scooter.



Mommy bought Dexter a flashlight. Daddy carries a small one with him so it only makes sense that Dexter have one too.



Grandma Gail and Mommy also got him a couple of DVDs. The Sandlot which, surprisingly, Dexter loves. It combines his love of baseball with his love of watching other boys play and the movie Shrek.



Dexter also got his very first tee ball set. Here he is stepping up to the plate.



Dexter is eyeing the perfect pitch, right at the letters and knows it's the one he's going to hammer. He knows to keep his eyes on the ball.



He's got the sweet sweet swing that reminds me of Joe DiMaggio or Ted Williams.



And check out Dexter's follow through. His feet are PERFECT. That, and he knows to ham it up for the cameras because as every baseball player knows, chicks dig the long ball.



I figure this one'll be the one I'll use to create the very first collector's issue of Dexter's baseball card with his stats on the back. Well, hope everyone enjoyed the pics.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dexter,

I had a great time at your birthday party last Saturday. Thank you for inviting me. It was nice to meet all your friends. Are you having fun with the puzzle I gave you and I hope you find some nice clothes at Old Navy.

Till I see you again, I hope soon.

Tita Nini

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home