Wednesday, August 29, 2007

It's a special entry today (mainly because I forgot to give you an update on Dexter's allergies in the last entry). Suzie and I went to Dexatrim's pediatrician, Dr. Parker, last Friday because we were so stressed out about his allergies to not just peanuts, but also dairy, soy, chicken, and eggs. So to alleviate our fears, we met with Dr. Parker and she talked us down from our being so scared. She ended up letting us know that his dairy and soy allergies were so mild and that we could, in fact, give him dairy and soy. Hooray! But peanuts are still a no-no (and will probably be dangerous as long as he lives). Chicken and eggs are off the menu as well, but it won't be life threatening if he inadvertantly eats some). We are just so relived to be able to continue serving him dairy and soy; they are in almost everything!

This picture sums up how happy Dexter is about having his sweet, sweet milk back.



D-licious (thanks for that one, Bexy!) found my cycling helmet and tried it on. Makes him go fast! One day, buddy, one day...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bexy said...

Yay! I'm so happy for little D and you guys... it will still be a struggle to work with his peanut allergy, but I'm glad he isn't allergic to all that other stuff - I can only imagine the nicknames you would give him if all he could eat was red meat and lettuce, or whatever. ha! xoxoxo

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!! I'm so happy to hear that all the other food sensitivities are mild, especially to milk. know how li'l Dexter loves his milk. It will be a shame if all he'll be able to have is rice milk. That would be so boring. So, will he be able to eat turkey and sea food?
I know somebody who can't get flu shots because he's allergic to eggs.
Dexter will have to be careful when he flies Southwest. I now ask for pretzels, but I'm okay when those around me eat peanuts. I heard that there are kids who get sick just with the smell of peanuts. do the other airlines serve other snacks, other than peanuts?

Tita Nini

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home